How to Choose the Best House Flipping Software
Obviously, the most important aspect of selecting a house flipping software is the functionality and features that the software provides that can improve, organize and streamline your house flipping business.
A lot of house flipping softwares only include Deal Analysis tools which really only covers a fraction of the needs of a house flipping business. It's important to choose a house flipping software that covers ALL aspects of house flipping process, which can be broken down into 4 key areas:
Once you get a flip project under contract, you will need to have business processes and systems in-place to manage your construction budget, tasks, schedules & contractors.
Although all houses are different, the house flipping process generally requires the same repeatable steps from the initial purchase to the final closing.
The house flipping software you choose should provide templates for all aspects of the house flipping process including:
- Estimate Starter Templates with a pre-built Rehab Cost Database
- SOW Note Templates for Writing Detailed Scopes of Work
- Gantt Schedule Starter Templates for Creating Schedules in Seconds
- Task Checklists Templates COMING SOON
- Contract Document Templates
In FlipperForce, Templates are one of our biggest focuses. We are working on creating as many templates as possible to build pre-built systems that you can quickly download and get operational in a matter of minutes. And of course, you can customize and save your own templates that you use on future projects!
The software features and functionality are obviously the most important aspect of choosing a House Flipping Software, but there are other intangibles you need to consider such as software support, software training, the company's reputation and dedication to continuously improving their software platform.
All-In-One Vs Piecemeal
When choosing softwares to manage your house flipping business you will want to consider if you prefer an all-in-one, integrated solution or if you prefer to piecemeal separate software solutions together.
In a piecemeal solution you could use spreadsheets to analyze a deal, a separate estimating software to estimate costs, a generic project management solution to manage your schedules/daily tasks, Quickbooks to track expenses, & a cloud storage solution to manage documents.
Or you could use an all-in-one integrated solution that handles your deal analysis, repair estimation, schedules, tasks, budgets, & expenses all in one house flipping software platform.
House Flipping Specific Vs General Business Management
There are a wide range of Project Management and General Business Management tools available to help you manage your schedules and daily tasks.
When choosing your software solutions you will need to decide if you prefer a house flipping software that is specifically built for managing a house flipping business or use a generic project management software.
FlipperForce is tailored specifically for managing a house flipping business, so it comes pre-built with Estimate Templates, Schedule Templates, Task Templates, Checklists & Reports for managing rehab projects.
The second most important thing to consider when choosing a house flipping software is product support. Ultimately, you want to choose a software company and team that will be able to answer your questions in a timely manner.
- Do they provide multiple channels to ask questions (phone/chat/email)?
- Are they timely with their responses?
- Do they provide a knowledge base of FAQs?
- Who handles support? Do they outsource support to India or do they have in-house support?
When choosing a house flipping software you need to have solid support, but you also need to have training and educational resources that can help you get the most out of the software.
- Does the software company provide video tutorials?
- Do they have case studies and examples of how to use the software?
At FlipperForce we are posting new Software Video Tutorials and Case Studies every week that help you learn the powerful tools and features you can use to improve and streamline your house flipping business. In fact, all of our video tutorials are built directly into the 'User Guide' in our software so you can easily learn the software at your own pace.
Most of our competitors and real estate guru's charge thousands of dollars to get their 'secret systems' to learn how to flip houses.
We don't think you should have to pay to learn how to flip houses which is why we created a free, online, step-by-step curriculum on How To Flip Houses that you can use to learn how to be a better house flipper.
- Does the software company have other educational resources to help you learn how to be a better house flipper?
- Do they charge additional money for their educational resources?
When choosing a house flipping software you want to work with a company that is dedicated to continuously improving their software and provide transparency on the long-term vision of their software platform.
- Does the software company frequently add new features and functionality?
- Does they have a clear product road map for the future?
- What are their short-term goals for new features?
- What are their long-term vision for the development of the software?
At FlipperForce we are constantly working on building new features and functionality to improve our software platform.
We want our development process to be as transparent as possible so we have created a Product Road Map that displays the features we are currently developing and provides our long-term vision for our software platform.
When choosing a house flipping software you want your voice to be heard and be able to provide feedback and suggestions on new software features and functionality that will benefit you and your business.
- Does the software company provide an easy way to make feature suggestions & recommendations?
- Is the founder or development team easily accessible to collaborate and discuss ideas?
- Who is the decision maker that handles approving & developing features?
At FlipperForce we provide a Feature Suggestion page that allows our users to make suggestions and up-vote suggestions that have been provided by other users.
We use our Feature Suggestion page to help us collaborate with our users on ideas for features and functionality and help plan our product road map for the future.
The real estate industry is notorious for gurus selling get rich quick schemes and 'secret systems'. A lot of these gurus work together and cross-promote each other's products so they can take the most amount of your money as possible.
- What’s the company or founder's reputation? Do you even know who they are?
- Can you find information about the Founder on Linkedin or BiggerPockets?
- Does the founder or software company have bad reviews online (Google, Facebook, BBB, BiggerPockets, etc.)?
- Do they have authentic reviews verified by a 3rd Party?
- Are they a real estate guru selling get rich quick schemes & 'secrets'?
- Do they promote other real estate guru's get rich quick schemes & 'secrets'?
- Do they constantly bombard you with emails up-selling you on new 'investing secrets'?
- Do they have pictures on their website of people on the beach, fast cars and yachts?
The truth is flipping houses is hard and there are very real risks that you won't succeed.
If a company tries to sell you on get rich quick strategies and lavish lifestyles and/or associate themselves with other real estate gurus, they likely don't have your best interests in mind. Ultimately, these guru's just want to take the most amount of money out of your pockets as possible for themselves and their guru buddies.
Ultimately, you want to invest in a software platform and development team that has big dreams and visions for their platform that are committed to continuously improving their product and service.
You want a software platform that is committed to collaborating and working together with their users to build a platform that is truly built for the community, by the community.
You want a software platform that will be transparent about their development process and honest and willing to take accountability if/when they mistakes.
And above all, you just want to pick a software platform and team that you can trust and know will do what's right!
Although, FlipperForce is currently in Beta and pre-revenue we have already started Giving Back to our community and charities through our sister products (HouseFlippingSpreadsheet.com, RentalSheets.com, etc.).
We are excited to get FlipperForce launched so we can Give Back even more to the great charities and causes we support.
Learn more about our Charitable Giving Program