What is the Average Cost to Remodel a Kitchen? - Question on BiggerPockets.com
Here's a rough breakdown of costs for a Kitchen Remodel here in Kansas City, MO using RTA cabinets, granite countertops, & re-using the existing kitchen layout.
- Kitchen Cabinets - RTA cabinets from CabinetGiant - $3,000 to $4,500 mat'l only
- Mid-Range Stone Countertops ($45 to $55/sf) - $2,000 to $3,000 mat'l only
- Backsplash ($10 to $15 /sf) -$300 to $600 mat'l only
- Appliances - $2,000 to $3,500
- Flooring ($3 to $4/sf) $500 to $750 mat'l only
- Composite Sink - $200 to $300 mat'l only
- Faucet Fixture - $125 to $150 mat'l only
- Garbage Disposal - $85 to $125 mat' only
Total Kitchen Materials Range - ~$8,000 to $13,000
- Kitchen Cabinet Installation - $1,000 to $2,000
- Backsplash Installation - $250 to $500
- Flooring Installation (varies by floor type) - $500 to $1,000
- Plumbing Fixture, GD & DW Installation - $200 to $500
- Opening Up Wall - Add $1,000 to $2,500
Total Kitchen Installation Range - ~$2,000 to $5,000+
Total Kitchen Remodel Range $10,000 to $17,000
If you are a savvy shopper you could definitely save some money on cabinets, countertops & appliances to bring these prices down, but I think this is a good cost range for an average kitchen remodel.
Note: These costs do not include Contractor's Overhead & Profit, so prices could be more expensive if you are hiring a GC.