What is the Average Cost to Remodel a Kitchen?
What is the Average Cost to Remodel a Kitchen? - Question on BiggerPockets.com
Here's a rough breakdown of costs for a Kitchen Remodel here in Kansas City, MO using RTA cabinets, granite countertops, & re-using the existing kitchen layout.
- Kitchen Cabinets - RTA cabinets from CabinetGiant - $3,000 to $4,500 mat'l only
- Mid-Range Stone Countertops ($45 to $55/sf) - $2,000 to $3,000 mat'l only
- Backsplash ($10 to $15 /sf) -$300 to $600 mat'l only
- Appliances - $2,000 to $3,500
- Flooring ($3 to $4/sf) $500 to $750 mat'l only
- Composite Sink - $200 to $300 mat'l only
- Faucet Fixture - $125 to $150 mat'l only
- Garbage Disposal - $85 to $125 mat' only
Total Kitchen Materials Range - ~$8,000 to $13,000
- Kitchen Cabinet Installation - $1,000 to $2,000
- Backsplash Installation - $250 to $500
- Flooring Installation (varies by floor type) - $500 to $1,000
- Plumbing Fixture, GD & DW Installation - $200 to $500
- Opening Up Wall - Add $1,000 to $2,500
Total Kitchen Installation Range - ~$2,000 to $5,000+
Total Kitchen Remodel Range $10,000 to $17,000
If you are a savvy shopper you could definitely save some money on cabinets, countertops & appliances to bring these prices down, but I think this is a good cost range for an average kitchen remodel.
Note: These costs do not include Contractor's Overhead & Profit, so prices could be more expensive if you are hiring a GC.
More Updates Coming Soon!
Checkout Our Software Road Map To See What We're Building Next
We welcome your feedback and hope to provide a collaborative experience so we can build the best house flipping & rehab project management software together.
If you have any feedback, ideas or suggestions, collaborate with our community to help us decide what we should build next.
Flipper Force Software Wish List